Really enjoying this game so far, but I am unable to sprint. Is there a way to remap keys, or is this a bug you have encountered before? Thanks!
For MacOS Catalina Users!
As many of you know, Long Gone Days isn't supported in MacOS Catalina, but fortunately there's a workaround that should also work for any others games you might be having trouble with! This should be useful for anyone who's gotten that "The application 'Long Gone Days' can't be opened" error after trying to run the game.
The solution involves using a Terminal command. We know this isn't ideal, but it's the only solution we've found so far.
- Right click on Long Gone Days and click "Show Package Contents".
- Inside the Contents folder, you'll find one named "MacOS", and inside of it, a file named "Long Gone Days".
- Open Terminal (you can do so by pressing command + space, typing in "terminal" and hitting enter).
- Now that Terminal is open, type "chmod +x " and drag the "Long Gone Days" file into the window so that it will add the file path to that line you just typed. Your line should read something like "chmod +x /Users/...", there MUST be a space between "+x" and the file path.
- Press enter in Terminal and you should now be able to start the game!
If for some reason this isn't working, check in your security settings.
We hope you enjoy the game!
Get Long Gone Days
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Hi there! I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying it!
If you are playing with a keyboard, hold the left shift button to sprint. If you are using an xbox controller, hold X, and on a PlayStation controller, hold the square button.
There's no remapping function for now.
I hope that helps!
Just curious, was this made with GameMaker? I’ve noticed the build process for GM seems to consistently make the error that requires this fix. It seems oddly common.
Hi there! Long Gone Days was made in Unity, but any kind of games and apps are having this problem. Apple's new OS requires developers to have their apps notarized, and unfortunately doing so it's just not really worth it.