Just curious, was this made with GameMaker? I’ve noticed the build process for GM seems to consistently make the error that requires this fix. It seems oddly common.
For MacOS Catalina Users!
As many of you know, Long Gone Days isn't supported in MacOS Catalina, but fortunately there's a workaround that should also work for any others games you might be having trouble with! This should be useful for anyone who's gotten that "The application 'Long Gone Days' can't be opened" error after trying to run the game.
The solution involves using a Terminal command. We know this isn't ideal, but it's the only solution we've found so far.
- Right click on Long Gone Days and click "Show Package Contents".
- Inside the Contents folder, you'll find one named "MacOS", and inside of it, a file named "Long Gone Days".
- Open Terminal (you can do so by pressing command + space, typing in "terminal" and hitting enter).
- Now that Terminal is open, type "chmod +x " and drag the "Long Gone Days" file into the window so that it will add the file path to that line you just typed. Your line should read something like "chmod +x /Users/...", there MUST be a space between "+x" and the file path.
- Press enter in Terminal and you should now be able to start the game!
If for some reason this isn't working, check in your security settings.
We hope you enjoy the game!